Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Texting Wars

So as many of you know, Chris and I do not talk if we can help it. We text on occasion, if there is an urgent message, but for the most part, we leave each other alone. Ironically, I talk to Jenna on the phone more than the father of my children (but the babysitter of my children watches the kids more often, so it kinda makes sense). Anyhoo, Tim and I took the kids to his brother-in-law's house for a birthday party on Sunday and we were running late on the way home. I knew that we would not make the 5:30 PM drop off time. So I texted Chris:

Me: "We're running a little late. Will have the kids to your house about 45 min late"
Chris: "K. Why haven't you changed your last name? You still love me or something?"
Me (gagging): "Uh, no. Payroll purposes. Believe me, I will be changing it ASAP"
Chris: "Sure. payroll. right...."
Me: "Why haven't you made Jenna a "White"? Still love me or something?"
Chris: "If you paid for your half of med. deductible $250 I could afford to get married"
Me: "Wow, when you prove those charges are for kids only I will pay half"
Chris: "No I don't love you anymore. And it isn't a contest"
Me: "Yes it is. I won ;) "

And on what planet does Chris think that $250 will be the difference between a wedding or no wedding??? Has he priced these things lately? Maybe if he and Jenna are hitting the civil ceremony, followed by a romantic dinner at Golden Corral, and a sensous night at the Dahlgren Comfort Inn Express....but then you gotta pay a sitter for the four kids, so that kind of blows the budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment