Saturday, February 22, 2014

Willow the Giant

 Willow started out life with us in a fairly decent-sized crate.  As she has grown, I find her in interesting positions in the crate, trying to get comfortable.  She's usually on her back with her back legs jammed into the spaces in the top of the crate and her front paws resting on the front door of the crate.  I started to feel sorry for her around 70 pounds, so I ventured to Craigslist to see what was out there.  I found a crate that seemed to have the dimensions to fit Willow all the way through adulthood if she grows as big as her momma (85+ pounds).  And I always figured I could sell her old crate and make back a little moola to go towards the new crate (which ended up being under $100, a far cry from the unbelievable prices they were charging at Pet Smart).
When Caroline and I headed out to get this crate, I really had no spacial relations about how it would fit in the van.  We ended up taking out or folding up every seat in the van to make it fit!  The thing could fit Little Sebastian! (If you are not a Parks and Rec fan, that was just lost on you).  And then once we got it home, the dilemma of where to put the darn thing started.  We ended up retrofitting our utility closet (moved some shelves) and put it right next to the second fridge.  Now if we don't want to see it, we just close the folding closet doors and block out the giant crate from view.
I am so excited about a new crate, can't you tell?!

The panic in her eye is evident as she waits to see which kid will attack her next....


Jason is the only kid in this house who actually likes the dog.  Everyone else tolerates her.


Always looking for the sun patch....


No comments:

Post a Comment