Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray for Hats and Halloween!


 I received an email back in June asking if I would please donate some items to a regional magazine called DomiCile Magazine (it's for the goings-on in the DC area) for their fall kids' fashion spread.  I said sure and sent the pumpkin hat and apple hat that they requested along with the baby pink crown they asked for.  I honestly didn't think another thing about it until a week ago when I got an email from them telling me to check out their fall issue (see above).  And there in the "local fashion" section were my hats!  It was exciting!  I tracked my views from the DomiCile magazine, which amounted to a whopping dozen or so over the next couple of days.  But the fame is nice!
This must be baby season because my photographer friends have been asking for lots of cute outfits and sending me picture after picture of some of their cutest ones!  So I get professional pics and they get to build up a props collection.  Here are some of my recent additions:





And in the spirit of Halloween, I decided to wing it and made this "little witch" hat with no pattern.  I used a slightly thicker black yarn so that the peak of the hat could be posed, like I did in the pic above.  It turned out great!  I listened one and it sold 3 days later, so I made another one and listed it, which sold 4 days after that!  It might end up being a seasonal favorite for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment