Monday, October 6, 2014

My Little Minions

Some of my free labor
 There seems to be very little free time around our house lately.  Ever since school started, every weekend is taken up by band competitions, chores, errands, etc.  So Tim and I made an effort to actually spend one day of the weekend at home this past weekend so that come Monday, it felt like we got some sort of break.  Tim had the little ones at his mom's house on Saturday so that he could do some work around her house while I took Caroline and Lauren to Garrett's band competition in Spotsy.  Sunday morning, I got up with the kids while Timmy had a snooze, and once that alarm clock hit 10 AM, I had everyone piled in the backyard for some good old fashioned hard work!  We finally finished clearing out the yard next to the garage.  We're putting pea gravel down there along with a new swing set.  
When I say "new", I mean "new to us".  We bought it off Craigslist and will mainly be using the hardware.  It's one of those giant wooden structures, so we bought all new wood.  We had to prep the area and put in new trim and border.  The black weed block is down now, along with a 1570 staples to keep it down.  Gravel will show up when Timmy gets it from the local stone place.  Then the swing set can come together!


Rocks were in our backyard so this border was FREE!

Helping to carry rocks




This play area will be HUGE!  But as soon as the kids are done with the swing set, we will turn it into a fire pit area.

The swing set "before"...can't wait to show you the "after"!

No comments:

Post a Comment