Sunday, February 1, 2015

Ice Ice Baby!

It's craft central around this place!

Painting on ice blocks
 The kids and I have already had a couple of late arrival days and one snow day and it doesn't even feel like we've gotten any good snow!  On a mucky/rainy/sleety day last week, I decided to try a new activity with Emily and Jason.  I had seen something similar on Facebook and figured, why not?  I froze two containers of ice for them and we painted on them!  The blog called for us to use watercolors, but we used poster paints since we already had them out on the easel.  The kids had a lot of fun!  Jay's block of ice started defrosting quickly, so his color ran together to make a beautiful blob on color.  And clean up was as easy as me picking up the blocks and putting them in the sink to melt.





No comments:

Post a Comment