Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Back to Class (for me)

 When I registered for my two summer grad classes, I knew that they had an on-campus component called "summer institute".  I was expected to be on-campus for three days.  How easy was it to just stay with Cammy in Va Beach!  So I packed up Garrett and Caroline and headed to Va Beach on Monday evening.  The younger two headed to Peggy's house since Timmy leaves for work at 4 AM.  The group in the top picture was my first group to work with (for my class LIBS 602:  Production of Instructional Materials).  We created paper circuitry!  We used copper tape, a circle battery and LED lights.  The assignment was create a page out of a big picture book on constellations.  We were given the constellation Aquila (the Eagle).  
For my second class (LIBS 678:  Selection, Evaluation, and Utilization of Materials K-12) I had the same group minus Monique and we created a fictional website for a summer reading program.  We chose to focus ours on middle school boys--you can check it out at here!


When you push the page down and make the tape connect to the battery, you get light!




No comments:

Post a Comment