Saturday, September 5, 2015

School has started....ugh

School started 2 weeks ago, and for the first time in life, I'm back in the classroom BEFORE Labor Day!  But I just remind myself that we're going to be out of school the week of Memorial Day and it calms me down.  I am taking 2 graduate classes this semester--LIBS 642 Children's Lit and LIBS 677 Technical Services in the Library--and so far, the course load hasn't been too overwhelming.  I'm able to focus on my crochet orders during the evening on weekdays and do my classwork on the weekends.  
I didn't have the older two kids for the first day or school because they were at their dad's house, so no pics!  But here's a recent one of Garrett and his girlfriend Shelby.  These two are totes adorbs!  :)
Emily started at the county preschool and gets to ride a REAL school bus!  It's the highlight of her day!  I have her doing before and after care with Mum-Mum, Jason's lady-in-waiting, so that's been saving me 20 minutes each morning on the drop-off commute.  And saving me over $400 a month in daycare costs!  Yay!
What's new with me, you ask?  Well, in order to focus on my course load, I have resigned as department head and science fair coordinator.  I gladly passed along the job titles, responsibilities, head aches, and piddly stipends.  Other than that, just chilling with my new students, who so far are turning out to be an awesome group of kids!
I've been posting my course work on my class blog called You Had Me at "Card Catalog" if you want to check it out here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment