Sunday, December 13, 2015

Teacher Gifts 2015

 I am inspired by all things Etsy, and mug cozies seemed huge this year.  I thought to myself, "Hey I can make that!".  Caroline loved the idea so I bought some cotton yarn and got to work.  I figured out a pattern that would work for the size mugs I purchased, and each one took about 20 minutes to make.  I kept them consistent with solid colors trimmed in white with a white button, but you could really do any color combination.  So my breakdown this year was:
$1.77 per mug + $1.78 yarn (each for 6 different colors) + $2.88 (6 pack of buttons) = done!  And for less money that I expected to spend this year!
At first, I planned to do something different for Emily's teachers (she only has 2 while Caroline has 6), but in the end, I bought 2 more mugs, and made cozies in green and yellow for Emily's teachers!  Keeping it consistent this year!


$1 rolls of wire ribbon from the Family Dollar and my stash of white tissue paper, and that girl got to work!  

She filled each mug with chocolates and mints.

Ready to hand out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment