Saturday, August 5, 2017

A New Addition to the Family!

 We got a CAT!  Can you believe it?!  And it was (mostly) Tim's idea!  :)  He grew up with a Calico and Carrie and I had several cats while growing up, so we figured, why not?  The King George Animal Rescue League (KGARL) has a set of 4 cages in the local Pet Co store that have 4 cats, each with their life's story on the door of the cage.  The kids always wanted to stop by and visit the cats when we were picking up stuff for the dog or guinea pig.  There were 2 cat brothers that we really liked--Lotus and Cosmo.  Both are all black with pretty green eyes.  Lotus was the smaller one who seemed more outgoing.  We figured he would get adopted pretty quickly.  Cosmo was larger, more reserved, and was stressed about living in a public store (the volunteer told us that she fostered Cosmo in her house for a month because it was stressing him out to have the visiting kids in the store poke and yell at him.  Yeah, it would stress me out too!). 
 We thought, "the whole reason to adopt is to give a cat a home who otherwise wouldn't have one", so we went with Cosmo.  He came home 2 weeks ago after an extensive background search (they called my references and everything!) and the kids wanted to rename him.  We all agreed on "Midnight".  So here's Midnight Drinks!
He looks like he wants to bite my hand, but he's very happy I'm petting him.  He always opens his lower jaw and shows me his teeth, which I find adorable.

Spotted a cat toy behind the baby gate

Circling my computer desk chair.

Chilling while he waits for me to finish on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment