Sunday, November 19, 2017

Turkey Day Festivities

 We had quite the busy week last week with the younger two!  First, Jason had a special Thanksgiving lunch at school on Wednesday.  My principal is awesome and had no problem with me running over to the preschool to hang out with Jason for his lunch.  It was scheduled during the time I usually don't see classes (I don't really have a planning period because teachers send kids to the library all the time, but I'm not likely to see kids during 5th period because that is when the English teachers have planning).  Turns out that Timmy was able to come along with me since he needed a couple of days at home after someone rear-ended him on his way home from work two days earlier.  Long story short, Tim stopped for a school bus with flashing red lights and a stop sign but the girl behind him wasn't paying attention (probably on her phone--that's my theory) and smashed into the back of his work van.  The van is unusable (back doors can't open) and Tim's back is now flared up and angry.
The plus side of being home on medical leave is getting to run up to your kid's lunch when it's 5 minutes away  :)  We had all the expected food:  mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken (not turkey), green beans, peas, stuffing, and giant pies from Costco.  
Jason's turkey hat had 3 feathers for what he was thankful for.  Here are his answers:  my dog, my kitty, and my brother!  Tim and I didn't even make the top 3!  :)



 Then on Friday I left work early to see Emily in her Thanksgiving play.  Her class did the "Thanksgiving alphabet" and Emily was the last one:  the letter Z.  Her part was something like "Z is for zestful, we've had so much fun.   Now our Thanksgiving holiday has already begun!"  It was so cute to see all the kids in Native American and pilgrim costumes, and one kid dressed as Abraham Lincoln (?!) and another as a turkey!  Then Emily's teacher showed up a video she made of what the kids were thankful for.  Most of the kids said things like "I'm thankful for my mom because she gives me kisses" and stuff like that.  What did Emily say?  "I'm thankful for my baby dolls".  Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment