Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas morning 2017

 Christmas didn't start too early for us--the kids were nice enough to sleep in til after 7.  We hit up the stockings first!  Most of them were filled with candy and small toys.  "Santa" gave me a new back window wiper blade for my minivan!  Then we headed to the family room to see the presents that Santa brought us.  Emily received a real guitar and doll Jeep while Jason got a real drum set and a Kindle Fire.  Santa also brought a Lego table for the kids to share.  Garrett got some pj pants and a phone while Caroline got 2 pairs of pjs from Victoria Secret (Santa has good taste!), an eyeshadow palette, and a giant Ferrara Rocher (spelling??).  
Tim and I didn't get anything from Santa.  Either we weren't good this year (probably the case) or it's the fact that we're adults and Christmas is for children (definitely the case).  I got Tim a few small gifts and he got me a pair of Birkenstocks for the winter!!!  I loved my Birkenstock sandals this summer and now I'm so glad to have a pair to wear when it's cold.  This is the first year that I took the little kids out separately and let them do some holiday shopping.  Here is what Emily bought:  green fidget spinner for Garrett, head whisk-looking massager for Caroline, flashlight for Dad.  Jason bought:  "no trespassing" sign for Garrett's door, mug with a wolf for Dad, and 2 beaded bracelets for Caroline.  I had no input on their choices except for the price.  It was great to see what they bought and why they picked it out!  



I wrapped up an old slide phone as a joke for Garrett!  He was slightly amused  :)  In reality, his "big" gift this year was a Samsung 8--bought for him by us, Peggy, and Aunt Carrie.  

Garrett has the real phone in hand!  And everyone else started the opening process  :)



A $4 Pokemon handbook was Jason's favorite gift.

Caroline received a pile of YA books, makeup, clothes, candy, gift cards, and even a case of Ramen noodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment