Friday, July 23, 2010

Almost 23 weeks....belly shot!


Forgive me.... I don't think of taking belly pics til Tim is in NE Washington DC. Then I'm too impatient to wait for him to act as photographer and I take a horrible pic by myself. Excuse the flash!
-Stats: 22 weeks, 2 days along (Baby is now a pound!)

-Finished: registeries! (Target and Babies R Us) Very fun! Two kids, one hubbie, and a price gun that turned into everyone's favorite toy....priceless.
-Still waiting on: crib. On loan from my cousin Steph who has been having health issues. Might be setting that one up during contractions.
-Decided on: baby name. I don't mind sharing with the world; after all, I will be using it 109 x a day for the next 50 years! It's Emily Eleanor (two names that we just really love with no family ties whatsoever).
-Shocked by: Tim's sister's announcement that she, too, is pregnant! In fact, she's due exactly two months after me (me: Nov. 24 and Mary: Jan. 24). She was a little peeved to hear that I'm having a girl because she wants one (I pointed out that my having a girl did nothing to her chances of also having the fairer sex). Mary and John have been trying for a baby for about a year, so of course, we're excited for them!
-Not happy with: (1) the heat; (2) distance from my sister during this incredible time; (3) lack of work to keep me busy; (4) hormones' abilities to make me a crazy person at the drop of a hat
-Thrilled with: (1) Garrett and Caroline's reactions to everything and excitement about baby; (2) Tim's mom's offer to do a baby shower at end of Sept.; (3) Baby girl's kicks at 6 AM and especially 9-11 PM after my ice cream has kicked in--she and I hang out on the couch, watch summer reruns, with my hand on my bellybutton.

No comments:

Post a Comment