Saturday, March 5, 2011

Soooo-Busy Saturday

Tim started the day by going fishing at 6 AM this morning. He and his dad caught around 260 pounds of rockfish and Tim had dropped them off at the seafood wholesale guy by 10 AM. Good thing, because we had an appointment to get our taxes done at 11 AM in town. We met with my old boss from Minnieland, Karen (who now owns Liberty Tax Service) and to our surprise, we didn't owe this year! In fact, we are going to get a much-needed refund! Thank you to our newest tax deduction, Emily :) After the good news, we headed to Five Guys for some lunch, then off to Kohl's to spend our Kohl's Cash from the weekend before. I ran into Factory Card Outlet to pick up some baby shower supplies for my friend Amber (her shower is in less than 2 weeks) and was bummed to see that half the store was packed up and shelves were bare (they were still open, and there were no signs to explain if they were moving, going out of business, etc). So we ran back to Central Park and went to Target where I not only found very cute plates, cups, silverware, and napkins, but also snagged her shower gifts! And on my way through the kitchen section (I always cruise through that section when I go to Target) I spotted a "Magic Bullet" copycat called the "Bella Cuccina Rocket". It was on clearance ($10 off! Only $20!) and decided to go for it. After seeing how pricey baby food is, I had already decided a month ago that I would make Emily's baby food once she hits 6 months old. Everyone online says that Magic Bullet is perfect for pureeing baby food, so I will give this machine a twirl. I got it out tonight to make Chocolate Mousse (recipe came with machine) and it was dang good! Despite all the running around and exhaustion that goes with dealing with Central Park on a Saturday, a nap eluded Emily for the entire day (from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm, she took one 30 minute nap) so hopefully this means I will be sleeping in tomorrow! New roof. We splurged on 30 year architectural shingles in Pewter Gray. Now I want to paint the shutters black to go with the darker roof. Summer project!
The addition has been closed in. Timmy is running electrical in there right now, then he will be having it inspected. When that's finished, it's time for drywall and flooring. We hope to have it functional by summer break.
Timmy loaded Emily into her carseat, then had to grab some things before we left for our tax appt. She looked at her feet, lifted them straight into the air, and wouldn't put them down! She was concentrating very hard at keeping them up.
Feet still up! It amused her the whole way to Fredericksburg.
My Magic Bullet knockoff, the Rocket. Once I hit the farmer's market this summer, I will be filling the freezer with baby food ice cubes!

No comments:

Post a Comment