Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Thumbs Up

Emily has made a new discovery. When she is happy, she grins at us, scrunchies her nose, and makes adorable little screechy sounds. When she's tired or getting cranky, she opens her mouth...and pops her thumb in it. I shouldn't be too surprised if she turns out to be a thumbsucker. Lord know, I was, and Caroline was sucking her thumb from the minute she was born. For Emily, it started with some simple hand-chewing and quickly progressed to a thumb pointed out from the first, buried between the gums. Her coordination is what's so surprising to me; she gets that thumb in there in no time flat. Happy baby!
I might actually dig this Bjorn thing...
Ooooh, an open mouth! Found my target!
Yup, there it is! The thumb!
What, me?! No, I'm not a thumb sucker, I swear! I just had a stressful day at the office...I mean, daycare!

No comments:

Post a Comment