Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Echo, echo, echo

The house is empty!  Well, almost.....we have a few boxes of pantry food and stuff from the bathroom being piled up in the dining area.  In these last couple of days left in our house, I have been working like a madwoman.  Yesterday, I boxed up 8 boxes of pantry food, threw away 4 garbage bags of expired food from the cabinets and fridge, and scrubbed the fridge from top to bottom.  Tonight, I'm tackling the bathrooms and packing up the last of our toiletries (we'll be left with only our toothbrushes and my contacts).  The basement is empty for the first time in 4 years (you can collect a huge amount of crap when you have a full basement to store it all in).  Timmy took off work on Friday so that he can pack up our bed and the baby's crib before the walk through at 9 AM.  And as of 11 AM, I will sell my first house.  And be officially homeless until 4 PM, when we close on our new house.  How excited are we to move?  Well, we've already bought paint for all the bedrooms!  And new outlets and light switch covers. 
I am such a novice at this whole process.  My only experiences with packing up and moving out usually involved doing just enough cleaning to get my security deposit back.  This is so much work!  But at least all of our stuff is already at the house, stored in the garage for now.  Hauling boxes back and forth is such a pain in the patooty.  More updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment