Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mama Drinks: 18 Weeks

No, it's not our actual baby to the left, but it is a picture of a baby at 18 weeks!  Which I have now reached!  Flies by, doesn't it?!  Seems like just yesterday my students were saying things like "Mrs. Drinks, I don't want to be rude, but are you getting bigger?  Tommy said your having a baby..."  I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is looking great!  I had my bloodwork done for the AFP test (alpha fetal protein), weight (up a couple pounds), and blood pressure (130/65).  Top # seemed a little high to me, but I guess it's common in afternoon appointments (stress of the day catches up with you).  My nurse, Amanda, found the baby's heartbeat on the first try, like 2 seconds after she stuck the doppler on my belly!  And that doppler pumped out a beautiful heartbeat of 140 on the dot.  Hmmmmm, boy or girl, based on that number??  Not to worry, we find out for sure at our anatomy scan on June 5th!
I am now fully in maternity clothes.  I couldn't pull on my loosest pants if I wanted to at this point.  I no longer have the constant fatigue and nausea of the first trimester and I've needed the extra energy with the move.  I've gained around 5 pounds total and I swear it's all sitting on my chest.  I mean, my "girls" weren't small to begin with, but now they're positively humongus!  My feet seem a little puffy in the evenings, but nothing major.
Next doctor's appointment (@ OBGYN):  June 19th @ 9 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment