Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow Day!

 So let me get this straight:  last week they predicted we would get 5-8 inches of snow, and we didn't even get a flake.  This week, no one says anything about snow (I heard "possibilities of wintry mix by the end of the week") and I wake up to a winter wonderland on Thursday morning.  At least 4 inches of snow!  Can't say that I minded the snow day home from school, but when you're home with all four kids all day, I wouldn't call it a "day off". 
I think that our visit to PA last month got everyone excited for some snowy weather.  Emily was foaming at the mouth to get outside into the stuff, and Garrett and Caroline were eager to get into the snow gear and take her outside.  Which was all fine and dandy with me, because I preferred to stay inside with Jason next to the fire.

 When you grow up in Virginia Beach, you do things like sled using Boogie boards.

 Bring on the hot chocolate and a bag or two of mini marshmallows.




No comments:

Post a Comment