Sunday, May 5, 2013

Em & Jay's First Time @ Busch Gardens 2013

 In the past, we've been getting season passes to Kings Dominion because it's only an hour away.  But after two years of passes, the kids were getting bored with the same old rides and Timmy and I both share a love of Busch Gardens (me, because I grew up so close that it's the only amusement park I went to growing up, and Timmy because he loves how much nicer the place is than KD).  You could say that BG caters to a much more uppity clientele, and I appreciate this.  Feel free to woo me with neatly arranged flower beds and piped in Italian music.  But I digress.
Caroline told her friend Lauren about us going, and LoLo (as Emmy calls her) was promptly invited, bought a season pass too, and had a sleepover in preparation for our early departure this morning.  That's LoLo in the pic above, taking Emily on her very first ride (Loch Ness Monster in Sesame Place).  I had a feeling that Em would love the rides (and we would really be up the creek if she didn't) and luckily, I was right!  She rode EVERYTHING that she met the height requirement for.  I'll let the pictures do the talking:
Garrett had to get in on the action in Sesame Place too!

Look at little Emmy on the big ride with Daddy!


All I could see was feet and a head!

Magic Balloon ride

Collecting her thoughts at the local fountain

Caught me taking her picture

Garrett and LoLo on the Mach Tower

Caroline on an old favorite, the swings!

Jason was a picture perfect baby, even napping in his stroller for part of the afternoon!

Emmy tried out the smaller set of swings!

Caroline and LoLo in mid-flight

Photo Op!

Emmy in the Land of Dragons

She saw this roller coaster and immediately said "I need the lellow one!"

Dino egg ride with Daddy

"Adjusting" Dad's hat while catching a ride


Emmy was unsure of these giant Clydesdale horses, but they were beautiful!

Happy Jay and Daddy!

Emmy got to ride horses too!

Still a little pink from the day before, but at least he kept his sun hat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment