Friday, January 10, 2014

Hanging Around the House

 We're in that "blah" time when the high of Thanksgiving and Christmas are over and you only have a cold, gray winter to look forward to.  We were on winter break for two full weeks (enough time for all of us to seriously get on each other's nerves) and then we went back to school for one day and BAM!  Out Tuesday for "polar vortex" a.k.a. "-10 degrees in the morning and VA doesn't know how  to handle it".  Back to school for Wed and Thurs and then BAZINGA!  Out Friday for what they are calling "freezing rain and icy conditions" but when I look out my window, all I see is a wet patio.  Barely a drizzle!  I don't mind a day off, but the on-off-on-off schedule is driving me crazy!  
 Jason has become quite the "chef"!  He loves to play with the kitchen play set and our own pots and pans.  He can be seen around the house most afternoons with a pot holder on his hand and waving a spatula.

 Most evenings now include a show after dinner.  Emily likes to sing made-up songs while insisting that someone accompany her on the guitar.  It's hilarious (and loud!) and makes me think, 'Do we have a junior Taylor Swift on our hands?'
 Three weeks after Christmas, I finally inflated the ball pit that I got the kids from Walmart.  It came with 20 play balls (only 10 have survived attacks from Willow).  Jay likes to crawl in and take a chill break from the rest of the world.  It reminds me of a giant baby pool in the middle of my family room!

See my left hand???  Spatula!

No comments:

Post a Comment