Monday, June 16, 2014

Cammy's Retirement Party

Carrie made the harrowing trip on Friday to get to my house in enough time to get some sleep and then turn around and drive with us down to Virginia Beach for Cammy's retirement party on Saturday.  Camm's longtime friend Mary Ann Peterson held  the party for Camm, and her house was amazing.  A looooooong time ago, Mary Ann taught me to weave baskets, and I mean the real deal.  We soak reeds, dyed them, wove them while they were wet, clamped them in place until they dried in that shape, and then carved handles for them.  I think everyone got a "Jessica Original" basket for about a year of Christmases and birthdays, and then life got really busy and I just stopped making them.  But this story isn't about me, it's about Camm.
Cake from Sugar Plum Bakery

Carrie, Cousin Kristen, Aunt Jill, and Mary Ann



Carrie and I with our old neighbor Eleanor (affectionately known as "EE") from Thoroughgood.  We babysat her grandkids when they visited every summer, and now they are grown up and some even have kids!

The most awesome Pinterest inspired fruit platter

The cornhole matches got fierce.








I can't explain Carrie's face in this one, and I think she's gonna kill me for including it!


Carrie and Cousin Kevin


Not for another 7 years Garrett!  But the coolest Solo cup wine glasses.

Beautiful sunset for the ride home.




















No comments:

Post a Comment