Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Big Girl Bed


Emily has been in a toddler bed for a couple of months now--we just took off one of the sides on her crib.  I noticed that when she is stretched out, her head is at the top of the crib and her toes can almost touch the bottom.  It's getting a little tight in there for her!  So an opportunity to get a twin sized bed came about this weekend (neighbor sold his house and was clearing out the guest rooms) and I grabbed it.  We had the head board from my cousin Stephanie and just added a frame, bedskirt, and bedding.  Caroline has a bunk bed, so we have plenty of twin sized sheets, but Emily really wanted her own set--Disney princess, of course.  I suggested one of those fuzzy blankets for her bed instead of a comforter (which are so fluffy and hot) and she loved this one from Target of Sofia the First.  We added a Sofia poster and bed rails from Aunt Kiwi and ta da!  Our new bed is complete!  And she sleeps like a champ in it, too.


I'm not sure I want to wake up every morning to a giant Sofia head, but Emily seems to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment