Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring Breaking in Va Beach

 I decided to spend Spring Break in a slightly warmer climate, so 3 of the kids and I headed to Va Beach to visit Cammy for a couple of days (Garrett is in NYC with Debbie to see the Philharmonic).  We arrived Monday at lunch time and after a quick lunch and trip to Kohls, we headed to the beach.  Even though the water was not warm, we lucked out with a tidal pool with warmer water (and shallow depths, so I didn't have to worry about the kids!).  The kids had a ball!  We had to drag them back to the car at the end of the visit.  Caroline and I soaked our feet in the cold water and it felt amazing.
Jason got a big set of sand toys from the Easter Bunny, so we brought those and a truck to the beach and Emily and Jason never stopped playing for the next 2 hours.  And of course, they slept like logs that night!



Adding a second bridge next to the Lesner bridge to accommodate more traffic.

My beach baby

Soaking up some rays!




LOVE the sand ripples on the bottom of the water!



Seaweed!

Gazebo @ Duck Inn.  I saw so many landmarks that may not still be standing on my next visit, so I got in some pics!


The sun rise the next morning.  The clouds looked exactly like the sand ripples!

No comments:

Post a Comment