Saturday, October 1, 2016

Halloween Library Decorations!

 I know that October will be a busy month in the library and my banned book display was in need of replacing, so I hit that Dollar Store hard and walked out with some fabulous decorations! The felt spider webs with glitter spiders came in black, purple, orange,and white, so I got 2 of each of put in the windows.  The paper "windows" with yellow eyes were made from construction paper and blue painter's tape that I already had (thank you Pinterest!).  The plastic skulls, tombstones, and candy baskets that are holding books are also from the Dollar Store as is the tons of spider webbing that I draped over everything that didn't move.  The big sign (seen below) has "It came from the library!" printed in Chiller font on both sides so you can the same display from inside or outside the library.  The windows are two-sided as well.  
I pulled a bunch of Goosebumps books (of course) along with Cirque de Freak and some of the "Scary Stories to Read in the Dark" that are kept in the short stories section of nonfiction (students never check the 398's for spooky stories).  I added some ghost and witch books from the paranormal nonfiction section (100's) so we'll see if kids pick those stories as well!





No comments:

Post a Comment