Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Escaping VA.... for Christmas!

 

After being home with the kids for roughly 10 months, and battling Covid (me and Tim) and shingles (just me--Yay!), I was ready to escape the walls of my house for a new location.  Tim and I quickly agreed to book a house for Christmas break because we just had to get away and a rental house seemed like a safer option than a hotel.  And let's be honest, a beach in OBX in the dead of winter is about as socially distanced as you can get!  

We ended up going with a giant house in the Seven Sisters loop in Nags Head in the hopes that Garrett and Caroline would be able to join us.  In the end, they ended up working extra hours at their jobs and couldn't make it out.  So we had a 5 bedroom, 6 bathroom house to the 4 of us!  It was great to spread out on three levels and have lots of quiet time.  No one lets me spread out in my own home EVER.  I don't seem to be able to get 5 feet away from kids without them tracking me down.  Some of it is pandemic related (we've just spent SO MUCH TIME together) and some is just their age.  

With our week's vacation, we were able to visit the beach across the street several times, look for shells (no tourists = lots of shells on the beach), visit Jockey's Ridge, watch kite boarders in the sound at Jockey's Ridge, visit Pea Island, and order our favorite pizza from Nags Head Pizza Co.  

What a fun week to just relax and be away from the drudgery of the "same old thing" at home.... this might just become a yearly tradition!




















No comments:

Post a Comment