Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Joining us for Dinner

Emily has been showing signs of being ready for food lately (tracking our forks from our plates to our mouths, grabbing at my spoon, drinking in excess of 20 oz. at daycare in 8 hours) so I decided, on a whim, to try some avocado with her tonight. I had previously given some cereal a try with her in the past couple of weeks, and Emily was less than impressed. I read that avocado is a great first food because of the high fat content, smooth texture, and very mild flavor. I chopped one up and threw that bad boy into the blender. To our surprise and delight, she loved it! I wouldn't say that she actually consumed that much, judging by her face and bib, but it's the practice of getting that food in her mouth, moving it around with her tongue, and swallowing solids. Let's hope we do as well tomorrow evening! Wow Mom, this green stuff is actually good!
Oh, wait, I'm supposed to swallow it?

Yes, I'm surprised too that I actually like the flavor!





Here, let me help you out with that spoon.

No, I did not just eat a small space alien.

This stuff makes for some excellent finger painting on the side of my Bumbo.


Wow, I'm stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment