Thursday, April 7, 2011

Party of Five

I realize that this blog has basically become "The Life of Emily", and I don't give enough updates on the other two babies in my life (hubby not included). In my defense, Garrett and Caroline aren't changing and becoming more independent by the day and their lives follow a very reliable pattern (school, play, shower, bed). In short, there's not much to report on unless something out of the ordinary happens, like Garrett's all-district band concert this past Monday or the soccer game he has next week. Or the TAG art show that both children will be participating in next Thursday (definitely will have pics of their art from the show on the blog!).
So here's a snip of the "Life on Dahlgren Road": just a party of five, rushing through their day, struggling to get dinner on the table while juggling a baby on one hip and a homework agenda on the other. Dinner at 5:23 PM, soccer practice at 5:30 PM, then homework for another hour. Garrett takes it all in stride! Fresh from the shower, Caroline is just giddy about the new shower gel I left in the bathroom.
My snuggle bug got a little cranky while I was running around the house, doing laundry and getting the kids in the shower. She hung out with Dad until I was ready to swaddle and feed her.
Relaxing on the couch. Rare event in the Drinks household!

There's the smile I was waiting for! The adorable shirt is courtesy of Aunt Carrie, who sent a whole bunch of Britton's clothes for Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment