Monday, September 12, 2011

Emily Crawling!










When I picked Emily up from daycare today, Ms. Tammy gave me a "look" and said "She's been faking us out! That baby crawled all over the place today like she's been doing it for months!" Turns out, while Emily is in a seated position, if she really wants something, she whines and stretches her arms toward it, waiting for an adult to hand it to her. This usually works. If she doesn't get the adult's attention, which is what happened at daycare today, she apparently decides that it's time to move and starts cruising over to the desired toy.


So I tested it out. While I was changing the sheet in her crib this evening, I put "forbidden things" like Caroline's socks and a hair tie, out of reach. At first, Emily was only interested in the hamper . Then she does the "Jeti force" with her arms, "willing" the object to fly into her grasp. When this doesn't work, she spends the next twenty seconds watching me put the sheet in her bed. Thirty seconds later, she decides that she wants the socks and hair tie NOW and she cruises on over to them.


Since I can't get the video of her crawling to load, enjoy some random pics of the now-mobile Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment