Friday, September 9, 2011

Flooded with Emotions

I felt absolute joy when I got the call this morning that school was cancelled. Yay! A Friday off! Three day weekend! That excitement turned to dread later in the morning when I got a text message from Tim that his crab boat had sank from the week's worth of rain we've gotten. The kids and I loaded up in the car to drive to MD to check out the damage. On the way, we passed an area of the Dahlgren base where the sewer drains had blown out the security fence and road on the base. We also passed a section of Rt. 301 where a mud slide had taken out half the hill. It was more damage that we saw during Hurricane Irene!



View from Harry Nice bridge that spans from VA to MD. You can see the green river water all mixed with brown runoff.


Side of Rt. 301 in MD

On the way into Aqualand Marina in MD. The "lake" was a grassy field last time I was there.


Dahlgren Base

No comments:

Post a Comment