Monday, August 12, 2013

Bye Bye Bayville

 On our last day in VA Beach, Cammy wanted to take Garrett to Sandbridge to ride the waves.  Caroline didn't feel like going to the beach (Is this my child?!  No beach?!) and I didn't want to take Jason and Emily to the oceanfront without additional help (aka "Timmy").  So we sent them on their merry way and I had to figure out a way to entertain 3 of my 4 children for the majority of the day.  We ended up going to Bayville Park, a nearby favorite of mine that I absolutely loved as a child.  They have been updating it throughout the years, and I swear that every time I visit, something else has been removed.  This is not the park that Carrie and I remember!  The totem pole and fountain are gone, the giant concrete climbing blocks are gone, and on this visit, we watched a crew taking out the old swing sets and climbing structures! I hope they are replacing everything with new equipment, but part of me wishes my kids could climb the same giant red metal climber that I did as a child.
Emmy brought her trike and all the walking trails proved to be perfect little roadways for her.

They haven't taken the old bridge yet, Carrie!

Just don't take my old bouncy rides, please!  That seal is older than me!

This old wood and metal car was great for climbing when I was little.  It seemed so big then!  I hope they leave it...

A dagger to the heart!  The old red climber already uprooted!

Seal says, "Save me!  I don't want to leave the park!"

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures totally take me down memory lane! Was the bridge really that small? it seemed so tall before. How did you not sneak that red climber into your car? Sure, it wouldn't fit, but it needs saving! If the seal bouncer ever goes, my belief in the good of humanity is gone forever.

    ReplyDelete