Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall Festival 2013

 With the monsoon of rain we have been receiving all week, I wasn't sure how the Fall Festival was going to "wash out" (yes, pun intended).  While I do look forward to the festival every year, and the parade has grown bigger and bigger (with more candy-throwing entries, so the kids have a ball), I was not enthusiastic about the possibility of standing in a  rain shower with two small kids for over 2 hours.  Timmy checked the weather and it looked like we were going to get a break from 8 am - 3 pm.  So we threw caution to the wind and headed out.  I had bought the kids cool Halloween shirts, which would have looked very snazzy if the entire family wasn't dressed in parkas for the parade--the rain storms had brought low temps with them all week.

Want to take a guess on the weather?  Yup, rain for almost the whole time!


"When's this thing going to start?"



We met up with some friends, so at least Emily had a distraction from the weather.


Jay got a little flag from one of the floats and it was his most favorite thing all day!


I love the old red white and blue!


You can really clean up at this parade!  Halloween doesn't even seem like a challenge anymore.

Cute church float

Crazy clown float

local swim team with a bunch of my current and past students

If you check my blog's history, I take a pic of this giant tractor every year!

Tiny Emmy, giant wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment