Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

 Our Mother's Day weekend started a little rough, with me at the doctor's office on Thursday afternoon with a wheezy cough, congestion, and a fever.  Diagnosis was not surprising--raging sinus infection.  Doctor prescribed an antibiotic and a steroid because she "didn't like the sound of my cough".  She warned me that I wouldn't feel any better for about 3-4 days, and she was right!  I called out sick for Friday and was able to lay around uselessly for the whole day, watching "Curl Appeal" and generally trying to keep my lungs in my body.  I had so much fluid behind my eardrums that it felt like I was underwater.  I pulled myself together by early afternoon so that I could attend Emily's Mother's Day tea party!  Her preschool really does it up right!  We got little shots of tea and chose some cookies.  I always enjoy sitting on tiny chairs while eating, and Emily thought the whole affair was just a hoot.




My present from Emily!

 Emily's school does a "store" for the week before Mother's Day and you can send in your kid with a wad of cash so that they can go "shopping" at the store and buy stuff for Mom.  Tim sent her with $10 and with each gift being $2, that meant I got a goody bag with 5 presents!  How Emily kept them a secret I will never know!  She never let on to me that she even went to the store.  But when Tim picked her up that afternoon, she told him all about what she bought for me.  I got a bottle of lotion (Emily said "for Dad to rub your feet Mommy"--the girl knows me so well!), a bottle of body spray (Peach Blossom, I think?), bottle of shower gel, a pair of slippers ("bedroom slippers Mommy!" is how Emily described them), and a 2-pack of little cosmetic bags (pink heart print).  It was all too adorable and a memory that I will cherish.
Not wanting to be left out, Tim secured an overnight sitter (thanks, Grandma!) and took me out for shopping and dinner on Saturday.  I woke up Sunday to my presents--Starbucks gift card and a new coffee maker!  Our old one was barely making tepid coffee, so I was thrilled beyond belief!  And I got 2 very nice cards from Tim and the kids, too.  We grabbed C and G and headed over to Peggy's house for a Mother's Day lunch and to pick up the younger two also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment