Friday, May 9, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

 As usual, Teacher Appreciation Week around my school was a dud.  Showering teachers with gifts pretty much dies off once you hit middle school.  Parents don't want to buy for 6 teachers, and I don't really blame them, but seriously, how expensive is a stinkin' candy bar?  Buy me a PayDay and include a little note that says "Since you haven't had a raise in 7 years, Johnny and I wanted to give you a PayDay to thank you for all you do!"  I would have thought that was a hoot.....but I digress.
For Caroline's teachers, I hit the tried and true--Pinterest.  Most of those ideas were either "too cute" (like for kindergarten teachers) or too expensive, so I took several ideas I found and add my own special twist.  I printed out the label you see below and bought the teachers water cups, erasers, 2 pack of sharpies, a highlighter, 2 scented markers, a pack of Extra watermelon gum, and Hershey's hugs and kisses candy.  Packed those cups full and added some curly ribbon.  Done and done!


Jason was my "helper" but as you can see, all he did was help himself to the rest of my crackers and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment