Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summertime and Strawberries

 We decided on a whim to go strawberry picking on our Monday off.  I had asked Emily if she wanted to go to the playground, and she said "Yes, the one with the goats".  A few more questions from me, and I figured out that she meant the one at Westmoreland Berry Farm.  So we headed off to pick strawberries!


Jay would make an excellent migrant farm worker.

All red cheeked and thirsty from our sweaty experience.  It was hot!

The goats were another "feature" of the farm.  My kids bypassed the corn machine and fed the goats clover from the field nearby.

Who loves his strawberry shortcake?  Jay does!

Lick the bowl clean Jay!


Willow is hoping for a spill.



Whipped cream thief!


Did I mention the goats?!?!  They were needy little things.  It was like they had never seen food!





No comments:

Post a Comment