Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kitchen Chaos



So 10 inches of snow on the ground, 2 new goats, and what do I decide to do? Tear out my kitchen. Did the last one do its job? Absolutely. Was it functional? Absolutely. Was it ugly as sin? Absolutely.


Yea! My cabinets are going to be ready early....as in 20 days. So my hardwood floor is in splintery pieces in a nice pile on my carport and I' m sure my neighbors love the "my house threw up all belongings in the front yard" look. Nothing says "lazy previous owners" like FIVE layers of linoleum in the kitchen! Really, what does it take to remove a layer of blue flowered 70's flooring? Apparently, more muscle than existed in my house.


I like to be original, so while everyone else is saving money during the recession, I'm ordering maple cabinets and debating pros and cons of quartz versus granite.

1 comment:

  1. I knew it! You're like me - once you want to do something, it'll get done. But - you do have a handy significant other and we don't have that in common ;) Let me know if you need help! I love a good renovation!!

    ReplyDelete