Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Love for a Lifetime...


So, you want to show your one true love that she has captured your soul? What do you do? Propose? No. Have her move into your house for some homebound bliss? Not special enough. No, you are cunning. You are an individual. You want to do something that screams "I have never felt this way before and I love you!" You....well, here's how the story goes.

(All names have been changed to protect the idiotic). Rick and Gema have been together for what seems like a lifetime (about 10 months). They met during an idllyic time: he acting single while still married, her with 2 toddlers. Beer flowed, sneaking around occurred, and before you could say "separation", we have a new couple! Only a wife didn't know about it, never got the whole story either, but I digress. Rick thought to himself, 'How do I show Gema that I think this is a permanent situation? That she is my one and only?' What else? Name tattoo.

Note to audience: Fill in the blanks. Put two and two together. And know that this story, while sad, is true. Which is probably the most disappointing part of it all. You can't save someone from themselves.

1 comment: