Thursday, February 3, 2011

I So Big!

(Picture Emily saying the title above with her hands hoisted above her head, and you get the idea)...Emily is officially 11 weeks today, and since we don't hit the "3 month mark" for another couple of weeks, I wanted to give a short update.
We went to the doctor 2 days ago and Emily was 12 pounds, 9 oz. She's a solid one! She just survived her first full week at daycare. She takes 3 4-oz bottles and demands a feeding the minute we walk in the door every afternoon. I am successfully pumping over 15 oz. at work every day, so the freezer is jam packed with extra "liquid gold". Let me put the frozen milk situation this way: If the world was in chaos, I could successfully feed all of King George for about a week.
She has settled into a great routine: 6:30 PM bath, 7:30 PM swaddle, then a feeding, and in bed at 8 PM. This whole week she has slept til 4:30-5 AM ! I have gotten 7-8 hours of SOLID SLEEP, which we all know is necessary if I would like to avoid driving into a pole or leaving the baby carrier on the car roof.
She still enjoys her bathtime immensely. She likes hanging out on the changing table well after her diaper change is finished. She's enjoying floor time and will even roll over if I nudge her onto her side. Emily has a distinct distaste for socks and will wiggle them off at all costs. Her hatred of the car seat has much improved now that I have removed the pad at the bottom of her seat. I think she fits better and the straps aren't so tight. I've heard that babies who hate the car will sing a different tune if you put them in the convertible car seat because it sits up so much higher (they can watch things out the window) but I'm not willing to toss a $150 car seat into the basement. The ride to F'Burg and daycare isn't that long!
Official 3 month update to come on February 18th!

You see that face?! Emily knows what it's like to cheer for a team that never wins :(

No comments:

Post a Comment