Sunday, April 15, 2012

Color My World...or at least my House

Timmy and I regularly visit Lowes or Home Depot for their paint sample cards. Now that we are a month away from closing on our house, I am in mad planning overdrive: Where will the furniture go? Where will I store our winter clothes? What color will each room be? We've been "crazy about beige" for the last six months while we got the house all neutralized to sell. Now that we're past that stage, we are picking out real colors outside of the "tan" family for the new house.
And isn't it funny how people will still choose the same colors over and over again? I know that my sister--an expert at moving--has painted "beach glass" in her last three houses. We didn't stray too far from what we have now! The gray family for our master bedroom (which was originally tan). I'm sticking with Stormy Cove on the left hand side.

Tans on the left for hallway and staircase (both are historic preservation colors). On the bottom right--Lyndhurst Jade, our living room/dining room combo color.

Caroline wanted "pink or turquoise or maybe both". I think I have her convinced on the top two colors--Aqua Green or Bayside. Both look awesome with white trim.


Our new family room addition is currently "Ocean View" and I love it. A close match for our new family room is "Rushing Rapids"--sample on the bottom left.

Garrett loves green, so of course that was his choice for his room. I think we're going with Fiddlehead Fern--middle sample on the right.


And Emily's room? She likes yellow! Not "nuclear sun blast yellow" (which is an actual color) but more of a "sunlight all over my room" yellow. We're going with Summer Wish (middle color on card).

No comments:

Post a Comment