Monday, July 14, 2014

PA or Bust

He became very good at doing the "finger swipe" during this car ride
 Carrie and I had discussed sending Caroline and Garrett up to PA for a visit sometime this summer, and between the "drive or fly?" discussions and the logistics, I decided, hey!  I'm a teacher!  And I'm off work....so why don't I just drive the whole family to PA for a visit?!  Well, almost the whole family.  Tim stayed behind to work, and my crazy butt drove all four kids up to Carrie's house for a four day visit.
It was a very busy trip, with tons of kids running around, falling into brick walls (Jason), skinning knees (also Jason), getting up all hours of the night (also Jason....see a pattern here?), swimming, swinging, going for walks, and general rambunctiousness.
Overall, it was nice to see Carrie and the family and see Barrett take a couple steps!  Enjoy the photos of our visit:
Good attitudes all around during the ride!  Emmy was hamming it up for Caroline

Our half way stop, McDonald's of Berkeley Springs.  



The happy meal box became entertainment for Emily for the next hour....I can't complain.

Caroline hijacked my camera and I ended up with 27 selfies that all look like versions of this.

I'll be honest...the box got downright scary.

Upon our arrival, the kids were a little shocked to be out of a car after the 6.5 hour drive.

Toys!  And they're new to me!


Britton and Barrett arrive home!


At the nearby pool


Caroline was less than thrilled to share her Slushpuppy


Jay ate it like a bird.

At Fun Fore All!

On a roller coaster, Fiesta Express, which seemed like a rickety carney ride, but Carrie promised that no one had died...recently.  The kids loved it!





Tea cups!

The girl cousins:  Caroline, Britton, and Emily




Bumper cars......Emily is still talking about how sissy "got all wet" on that ride.  And she says that she'll bring a change of clothes for the next time we go visit!



Pre-sneeze!

And more Slushpuppies......


And ice cream at The Meadows, a local creamery.




Posing in Britton's dress.  The girls had constant fashion shows while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment