Friday, August 6, 2010

25 Weeks


So I had my doctor's visit on Wed, Aug 4th and for the first time, I had to wait more than 15 minutes. This office has no magazines to entertain me, and did I bring a book or something to do? No, because up til now, my wait has been from the time I sign in to the time I sit down. So you can imagine my surprise when my doctor is running...wait for it....an hour and fifteen minutes late. It's just one of those days really-she had an emergency C section, followed by twenty minute visits filled with patients and their many, many questions.
I kept my visit short since my doctor is 28 weeks pregnant and probably just as tired of being there as I was! First question: Is it a problem that I regularly drink two gallons of milk a week? Her answer: No. If it was soda, she would advise against it, but nothing wrong with dairy.
Second question: When do I come in to take/fail my glucose test? Her answer: Might as well wait til next visit so I can eat like a human for the next month.
Weight was good, blood pressure was excellent (especially considering it was 5 pm, and very late), no protein in pee sample, etc. And she did tell me that my next visit is the last monthly one--on to every other week at that point. My goodness, it flies by, doesn't it?!
I'm going back September 1 for visit and glucose test, which is right in the middle of my school work week. Should be a nice, easy week since the kids don't show up for another week after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment