Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who's your nanny?

I am in charge of 4 kids this week (my 2, Summer, and Jackson) so everyday must include an outing or I will go crazy. So for Monday's trip, we decided to go see "Nanny McPhee Returns". It was a very cute movie! The message was good (share, work together, etc) and the animals on the farm were adorable (hence the picture of synchonized swimming piglets above). The kids were thoroughly tickled by the movie. Today, we hit the Rat Palace (Chuck E Cheese to the general public) with a coupon for...wait for it....200 tokens. Believe me, it sounds like a lot, but those kids went through them in 45 minutes flat. Then it was on to the germ-ridden tubes and slides and we hit the Mickey D's for some 99 cent sundaes. I've got one motto: Keep them busy. Very busy. So busy that no one even thinks of tattling or whining.
I go back to work on Thursday, and while some may sigh and think of all the summertime they will miss, I merely reflect back on a summer filled with my time as a one-woman daycare center. So going back to work is not going to be the hard part. In fact, I fully expect Thursday and Friday to feel like days off, complete with lunches that don't include any "nugget" foods and conversations with real adults!

No comments:

Post a Comment