Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Set of Wheels

Nope, not a minivan, even though we're exploding out of the Subaru--Emily's walker arrived! I had bought one from a big box store when she started to get bored with just an exersaucer and swing. But it was very tall, even on the shortest height adjustment--her feet dangled 5 inches above the floor! I went online and read reviews (probably should have done that first) and found that many people scored it low for that very reason. Some of them had 9 month olds who still couldn't reach! Emily isn't the tallest in her age group, so I figured it could be a while til her toes hit the floor. I didn't need another toy that just holds her, I wanted something that she could scoot around in. So I actually did my research first this time, and I found many great reviews and comments about the Chicco walker (comes in Splash (circles) or Sea Dreams (fish)). It was a little pricey for a walker, but my kids are not early walkers, so she should get several months of use from this thing. It also seems built to last, so it should go the distance. And she LOVES it! The keyboard, the songs, the sounds, the lights, all of it...she is just entranced by the thing! And she figured out how to push her toes on the hardwood floors and made it down several feet of the hallway by herself the first day!

So many choices.....so little time til naptime.


Hmmmm...I'm digging this horn button.

See my feet? Flat on the ground! Not like my other stinky walker...


I look like I'm blowing raspberries in this picture, but I am actually squealing with delight! Emily has learned a new "I'm having a great time" screech that probably sounds similar to a dog whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment