Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunglasses, Swinging, and Swimming

Emily and I hit the birthday party circuit on Saturday (Tim's friend Jackie has a little girl, Lily, who turned two) and besides getting some good grub and hanging out with other little rugrats, we scored some awesome goody bags. All the kids got sunglasses (in addition to other goodies), and Emily did her best "Elton John" when we put them on her during breakfast.

No autographs please.

Then it was time to try out our new baby pool from the Dollar General (only $8!). I put in a whole 1 1/2 inches of water, and Emily basically treated it like a giant bathtub. It's been mid eighties all weekend but the humidity makes it feel like summer already.


Yay, this giant bath is awesome!

Like my new suit from Target? Mom could barely handle how dang cute I was!

Caroline was very concerned about safety, so she got on her suit too and joined Emily in the "pool" (I use the term loosely...do you see the size of this thing?!). They had a ball, and Caroline made an excellent lifeguard.

Sistas in the pool!


Our other big "splurge" of the weekend...a swing! Timmy did some fantastic rigging, so now the swing is in the cherry tree out back. The older two pushed Emily for about 20 minutes while I mowed the grass and she loved every minute of it!


More sunglasses! Don't tell me you're not jealous...

No comments:

Post a Comment