Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Having a Ball During the Storm of the Century

Tim and I were on the drive home from Fredericksburg with a truck full of drywall yesterday when the storm that wasn't supposed to show up til midnight broke out full force. We were in sight of the driveway when the clouds opened up, and the wind that was bending trees to the ground gave way to a hailstorm. Tim ran all the drywall into the garage (time will tell if we can actually use it) and I ran Emily into the house to get her some dinner. In the middle of our peas, carrots, and yogurt the power flickered three times and then went out for good. So after I cleaned her up, we headed to the living room, pulled open all the blinds to let in some light, and played on the floor for a while. I had picked up a ball for her at CVS that morning (let me rephrase that: Emily saw the bin of balls at CVS and almost dived out of my arms to get one) so we rolled it back and forth. It was a hoot! Emily hearts this ball more than anything! She wouldn't let it go! She would alternate beating it to death with kissing/sucking on it.






When the ball got away from her in a heated rolling match, Emily popped over from a seated position into the "ready to crawl" crab position. Then she got stuck! She just kind of bounced like that for a minute, looking around like "Why am I not moving??" So Tim gave her a little encouragement by shifting her legs, then her arms, forward.
Below: 36 second video of Emily and I playing with her ball. Her belly laughs are worth the download time!


No comments:

Post a Comment