Friday, August 5, 2011

Tooth Fairy is Gonna be Broke...

because Emily is taking care of her teeth! Not gonna lose any anytime soon, no siree! I saw a commercial for Aquafresh infant and toddler toothpaste and toothbrushes, for ages 3-24 months. I made the impulse purchase at Walmart (which I am prone to do on or just after pay day when I'm feeling especially rich. Ironically, I am not making any impulse purchases, or any purchases for that matter, other than Ramen noodles or $5 worth of gas at a time, by the end of the month. But I digress). Tim and I are both a bit obsessive about our dental needs (brushing at least three times a day, seeing the dentist for cleanings twice a year, etc. The older two are on a first name basis with Dr. Wendy at Moore Denistry). It was only a matter of time before Emily got in the groove too.
Our routine was to take a bath in the big bath tub in our bath ring, spread the towel on the sink, place Emily on the towel (she sits on the edge of the sink with her feet in the sink bowl, facing the mirror), wrap her in the towel, and brush her teeth. She loves to watch herself doing it, and after the second time, she grabbed the brush from me and went to town. I think it makes her gums feel amazing, and she 's really been fighting these four teeth on the top that have been emerging for the past couple of weeks. When she sees the brush, she starts bouncing and getting really excited. I've changed up the routine in the past week because I thought to myself, "Why am I brushing her teeth, then giving her a bottle on the couch? I'm just putting sugar in her mouth before it sits there all night." So now we do the bath, have our bottle, read some books, then hit the bathroom for some brushing time on our way to bed.


Don't worry, Mom, I'll take it from here.












See her tiny little pink and yellow brush next to the big ones? And her tiny little tube of toothpaste? Awwwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment