Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Master"piece

 The master bedroom is probably the last room to be touched in most people's houses.  No one ever sees it (except for two people, and mostly with their eyes closed) and it's kind of an afterthought.  At least, it was for me and Timmy.  We made sure that we finished the rest of the house, down to the office and guest bath, before we ever touched the master bedroom.  I do give myself credit for organizing the closet and hanging a few pictures--it's not like we're living out of suitcases in there.  
I originally wanted a blue color, then switched to the "it" color this year:  gray.  I ended with Shale Gray which is a dark gray with some blue.  I think it looks great with the dark wood furniture.  I left our trim dark stain since it goes so well with the furniture. 
The picture above and below are the "before".

 Halfway through painting.  I'm loving the gray blue color!   I bought one Target Chesapeake panel in white (as suggested by my friend Missy on her blog The Happier Homemaker) to see if I liked the dark walls/light curtain look, which I do!  I have gone back twice to Target to buy 3 more panels, and what a shock, they are out.  So Carrie is bringing some when she comes to visit later this week.

Quilt on bed will stay the same because I am slightly less in love with that quilt than I am with my husband.  I found the candle sconce on the wall at Hobby Lobby for a mere $12.50 (everything in that store is 50% off!) and have rehung my other prints.  Once I have curtains up, the room should be a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment