Saturday, August 4, 2012

Momma Drinks: 28 Weeks

 I had my monthly doctor's visit yesterday, and I'm very glad that I asked my friend Melissa to watch Emily because the doctor was running....wait for it.....an hour and a half late!  And I had the first appointment of the day!  I can't be too surprised;  I was just bragging to someone about how I never had to wait for my appointment time, so this situation was bound to happen.  Also, my doc was in an emergency C-section.  So I waited for the CNM, who I have never met, to see me for 3 minutes.  
Baby's heartbeat:  150 bpm  
Weight:  I am same weight as a month ago (a small miracle since I was a bad diabetic patient on vacation). 
Fundal Measurement:  28 cm (so right on target)
 Now starts the every-two-weeks appointments!  My blood sugars were all fine except for two (that's what happens when you hit Sweet Frog and Stack 'Em High while in Nags Head) so no changes there.  It's back in two weeks (which happens to be during Carrie's visit) and hopefully I will see Dr. E as usual so that I can ask her about this big baby.

 On a cute-big-sister-to-be note:  Emily has taken to diapering and undiapering (and diapering and undiapering....) her doll babies!  She spent an hour doing this the other day.  Baby got a new diaper (it had to be her Elmo diapers, which were way too big) and she insisted on using the wipes too.  
 Uh-oh!  Emily noticed a red mark on the baby's foot.  It was the tiniest little mark (probably from crayon or marker), but Emily the Eagle Eye spotted it.
 In for the kill!  No, Emily is not eating the baby doll.  She said "Boo boo!" and had to kiss it immediately.  Baby doll got at least a dozen kisses for that tiny red mark.
Back to the diapering.  Hopefully she will be this helpful with the new baby in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment