Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baby, It's Hat Time!

 About a month ago, I was approached (by email) by a photographer who was looking to increase her stash of newborn props for her home business.  She noticed that  I don't have professional photos of babies on my website (yup, Jason doesn't count as a professional baby model when it's staged in my living room) and wanted to see if I would be willing to trade product for pictures.
She had a little boy client who was due at the beginning of September, and his girl cousin is due three weeks later.  I made two sets (pink and blue) of elf hats with diaper covers and sock monkey hats with diaper covers.  I also made the baseball hat and diaper cover set just for the little boy by request for the new momma and daddy.
Erica (the photographer) had her photo session last week and sent me 18 attachments of the following pics.  I thought they turned out great!  I'm not convinced that I couldn't pull off the same results at home with better lighting and a better camera, but I don't have ready access to a 4-day old newborn!  So the trade was worth it.  I was able to make 3 new listings from her photos, and they look very sharp on my website.
I have been swamped by orders lately, and it's getting hard to keep up production when the school year has started.  I find myself watching Big Bang Theory late into the night (sometimes early the next morning!) just to get my orders complete.  I'm going to give myself carpal tunnel syndrome, I can just tell :)  And what are 99% of my orders lately?  Football hats!  'Tis the season!
So please take a moment and scroll through the photos below of my handiwork in action :)










No comments:

Post a Comment