Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School! 2013

 Well, I was up way before the sun in order to get myself and four kids out the door by 6:15 AM!  And I was successful!  Yay me :)  I got up at 5:10 am in order to get ready in silence and had Garrett and Caroline up by 5:35 am.  Then I took the dog out for breakfast on the patio while I got out all the lunches and threw my bags in the van.  Ten minutes later, G and C are eating breakfast and I am prying Emily from her comfy bed.  She gets up very easily, lucky for me.  So I had her dressed and eating with the others while I got Jay out of bed and dressed.  Fifteen minutes later, dog is in her crate and we are heading down the road!
Also lucky for me was the lack of traffic.  The ride to Dahlgren at that time is usually a bear.  So many commuters!  But I guess they all stayed home to put their kids on the bus for the first day of school--the road was practically bare.  We hardly passed two buses, too, so I guess we left at a good time.
Emily wanted to celebrate the "first day of school" too!

Caroline in her argyle knee socks and pink Converse!

Even Jay was super-excited about going out early

Yay, Margaret's House!

Garrett outside of KGMS--we enjoyed the sunrise as we walked up to the building.
All in all,  it was a busy, but good, day.  I had to do my lecture in each class about the "rules and routines of Mrs. Drinks' class" so I really have no voice left.  But I seem to have gotten some really great kids this year and pretty small classes sizes (smallest is 12!  Biggest is only 24!)  So we'll see!  I have high hopes for my NINTH year of teaching!  Can you believe that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment