Monday, December 30, 2013

Baking Buddies

 Admittedly, we did very little Christmas baking because of me being sick on Christmas Eve and Day.  I think that we more than made up for it this weekend!  Ms. Margaret gave us a batch of the best sugar cookies ever that she made with her grand babies--they were more like a shortbread and not too sweet.  She gladly shared her recipe with me, so Caroline and Emily joined me in the kitchen on Saturday with two sticks of flour, a cup of sugar, and a dream.
Caroline got so caught up in the baking spirit that she asked to make Amish white bread "just like Aunt Carrie did" all by herself.  I agreed and kept an eye on her progress, but Caroline didn't need me!  She remembered everything about dissolving the yeast in warm water, using an oiled bowl, and letting the bread rise.  And those two loaves of bread were some of the best I have ever had!




No comments:

Post a Comment