Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Card 2013

At this point, our cards have been in the mail for four days and I think they are still floating around the mail trucks.  I'm not worried that you are seeing this card before receiving it; the four people who read this blog are most definitely going to receive a card in their mailbox in the next day or so!  :)  
I got a bug up my butt (not literally) to get my photo session underway about midway through November.  The weather was still fairly good and I definitely wanted to do the pictures outside.  I knew the kids would not be the easiest to work with--what toddler, baby, teens and tweens would be?  Garrett and Caroline were great, so I posed them first and then threw various siblings into their laps and hoped for the best.
I wanted to do a coordinating color theme, and the fall colors outside helped with that.  We went with yellow accents and gray and white as our base colors.  I realized after I downloaded the pics that Tim and I weren't in any!  What a travesty!  So Caroline took a few of us outside and we actually liked a few of them.  It's always easier to do a card with just the kids but Tim and I like to be on the card every once in a while (we are paying for the thing, darn it!)
So even though you will be receiving one soon, enjoy the lack of surprise by looking at the pics below:
front of card

back of card--a play on the "ho ho ho! merry christmas!" wording


No comments:

Post a Comment